Site powered by Weebly. Managed by iPage
Ingredients of Healthy and Peaceful Relationship:
1. Connection, bonding, healthy attachment
2. Self-regulation. Regulate you own emotions.
3. Accept all emotions. Limit actions.
4. Empathize. Acknowledge child’s perspective. The child feels understood and feels safe to express his emotions and feelings. Listen to the child’s feelings.
5. Listen to your child’s vulnerable and threatening feelings. Encourage to express them.
6. Anger is mostly a defense against deeper feelings of hurt and disappointment.
7. Do not take it personally and resist the urge to escalate or retaliate. Mantra: This is not an emergency. Pause, breathe and respond. Do not react.
8. Don’t send a child away to calm down.
9. Help your child to be aware of her triggers and warning signs.
10. Teach him to pause and breathe.
11. Teach constructive problem solving.
Happiness and delight
Empathy and compassion
Self- esteem and self –worth
I can do it.